1. Prevent the hazards of dust and harmful gases in the […]
1. Prevent the hazards of dust and harmful gases in the welding production process
The high temperature of the welding arc will cause the metal to evaporate violently. The welding rod and base metal will also produce metal gas and smoke during welding, which condense in the air and oxidize into dust; the radiation generated by the arc acts on the oxygen and nitrogen in the air, which will produce Harmful gases such as ozone and nitrogen oxides.
The amount of dust and harmful gases is related to the welding parameters and the types of welding materials. For example, when welding with alkaline electrodes, the harmful gases produced are higher than those with acid electrodes; in gas shielded welding, because the shielding gas can dissociate under the action of arc high temperature, gas that affects the human body; if the electrode is used as thorium tungsten, thorium has a certain If the radioactive welding dust and harmful gases exceed a certain concentration, and the workers work under these conditions for a long time, and if there are good protection conditions, the welder is prone to occupational diseases such as pneumoconiosis, manganese poisoning, and welder’s metal heat, which will affect the welder’s physical and mental health. .
In order to reduce the hazards of dust and harmful gases, we should mainly start from the following aspects.
(1) First try to reduce the amount of dust and smoke toxicity of welding materials. For example, fluorite and water glass in the low-hydrogen electrode are strong dust-producing to toxic substances. Then, as far as possible, use low-dust, low-toxic and low-hydrogen type welding rod.
(2) Starting from the process to improve the welding mechanization and automation.
(3) Strengthen ventilation. Use ventilation devices to transport fresh air to the workshop or work site, and discharge harmful substances and polluted air in time. The ventilation can be natural wind or mechanical wind, full ventilation or partial ventilation.
2. Safety technology of equipment, equipment and tools in welding production
The equipment, equipment and tools used in the welding production process have safety issues, which are generally introduced in the operating instructions of the equipment, equipment and tools. They must be strictly implemented during use and must not be taken lightly. Especially for flammable and explosive equipment, the device should be paid more attention.