Spot welding is a resistance welding method in which a […]
Spot welding is a resistance welding method in which a welding piece is assembled into an overlap joint and is pressed between two electrodes, and the base metal is melted by resistance heat to form a welding point.
Spot welding is mainly used in the following areas:
1. Lamination of sheet metal stamping parts, such as car cabs, cabins, fish scale sieves for harvesters, etc.
2. Sheet and profile steel structures and skin structures, such as side walls and roofs of trailers, trailer decks, combine harvester hoppers, etc.
3. Screen and space structure and cross reinforcement.
During spot welding, the weldment becomes a lap joint and is pressed between the two electrodes. Its main characteristics are as follows:
1. During the spot welding, the heating time of the connection area is short and the welding speed is fast.
2. Spot welding only consumes electric energy, no filler material or flux, gas, etc. are needed.
3. Spot welding quality is mainly guaranteed by spot welding machines. Simple operation, high mechanization, high productivity and high productivity.
4. Low labor intensity and good working conditions.
5. Since welding energization is completed in a short time, large current and pressure are required, so the process control of the process is more complicated, the welding machine has large capacity, and the price of the equipment is higher.
6. Non-destructive testing of solder joints is more difficult