Socket welding is to extend the pipe into the valve bod […]
Socket welding is to extend the pipe into the valve body for welding, and the shape is similar to the internal thread connection after forming. Generally speaking, carbon steel pipes and stainless steel pipes below 2" are used for socket welding; butt welding is also used for stainless steel pipes below 2", such as sliding sleeve flange flanging; titanium pipes, duplex steel, nickel-based Butt welding is basically used for alloys.
1. Socket welding forms fillet welds, while butt welds form butt welds. From the analysis of the strength of the weld, the stress status, etc., the butt joint is better than the socket. Therefore, the butt joint should be adopted in the occasions with higher pressure levels and in the harsh conditions.
2. Socket welding is generally used for small pipe diameters less than or equal to DN40, which is more economical. Butt welding is generally used for those above DN40. The socket welding connection form is mainly used for welding small-diameter valves and pipes, pipe fittings and pipes. Small-caliber pipes generally have thin wall thickness, are prone to wrong edges and ablation, and are more difficult to butt welding, so they are more suitable for socket welding. In addition, the socket of socket welding has a reinforcing effect, so it is often used under high pressure. But socket welding also has disadvantages. One is that the stress state after welding is not good, and the welding is not penetrated. There are gaps in the pipe system. Therefore, it is not suitable for piping systems with crevice corrosion sensitive media and piping systems with high cleanliness requirements. Use socket welding. In addition, for ultra-high pressure pipelines, even small-diameter pipelines have a large wall thickness, and socket welding can be avoided as much as possible for those connected by butt welding.
3. The diameter of the former must be one big and one small before inserting and welding. The diameter of the latter can be the same or different. 2. The welding groove forms are different. 3 The welding process is different. The strength after welding is different.
4. The lower pressure grade and smaller caliber are mostly socket welding, and the higher pressure grade is usually butt welding. Butt welding needs 100% flaw detection test to ensure no leakage.
5. As the name suggests, socket welding is to insert the tube to weld, butt welding is to weld directly to the nozzle. Generally, butt welding requires higher requirements than socket welding, and the quality after welding is also good, but the testing methods are relatively strict. For butt welding, radiographic inspection should be done, and socket welding can be used for magnetic particle or penetration testing (such as carbon steel for magnetic powder and stainless steel for penetration). If the fluid in the pipeline does not require high welding, it is recommended to use socket welding, which is convenient for testing
Zhejiang Chenghong Machinery Co., Ltd. is PPR Sockets welding machines Manufacturers and Suppliers